Wednesday 11 July 2012

Superhero afternoon

It's days like today that make me think I have the best job in the world. It was my last transition afternoon with my new class before September so I wanted to make it extra fun. I decided that a superhero afternoon was in order (prompted by the child who turned up to his parent interview dressed as Batman).

I took a picture of each child and photoshopped it on to these Twinkl superhero pictures. We started by talking about superheroes that we knew of and what made them so super. I loved hearing the children's thoughts; Batman was a particular favourite! I told everyone that I knew some superheroes that were even better than Batman and produced my superhero bag. There was such a squeal when I brought out the first picture!

I was aiming for a PSED theme for the session so I decided to talk about what made each of the children super. I wrote the ideas that we came up with on a yellow circle behind each superhero (I will get a picture asap).

And then we coloured! The finished products looked amazing; here's my effort:

The fun didn't end there! I spent the whole afternoon wearing a superhero mask and bin bag cape running around and solving crime. I'm not sure if the parents liked being given a bin bag to take home, but the children loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment